Garage Door Spring Repair in
It doesn’t matter what breaks or when it happens, we’ll be there to fix your springs on your schedule. Don’t let a broken spring leave your family and investments vulnerable. Call today for a free consultation and we’ll get it fixed right the first time.
Call Now. Fixed Today!
Precision Makes it Easy!
- Same day service available
- Evening & Weekends available at no extra charge
- 24/7 Emergency service
- Certified contactless service
- Lifetime warranties available
- Free consultation and estimate
- American-made parts
- Locally owned and operated
*Restrictions may apply. Cannot be combined with any other coupon or discount.
BROKEN GARAGE DOOR SPRINGS?
Nobody really thinks about or notices their garage door springs – until they break. And then it’s important to repair them quickly because they are crucial to the smooth, easy and effective operation of your garage door system. The Precision team leads the way in garage door spring replacement and can quickly and easily get your garage door operating smoothly again. And because we use American-made springs that are the highest rated in the industry, you’ll have many years of trouble-free garage door operation to come. And we back that up with our Precision Done Right! Guarantee.
TRUST OUR TRAINED TECHNICIANS
Broken springs can be dangerous, so if you’re having issues, it’s important to leave the repair and replacement to the professionals. Our trained, experienced technicians are the best in the business, and each is IDEA trained and certified through the International Door Association. They’re also certified in contactless service, which means we take every precaution to ensure you feel safe and comfortable when we’re handling your essential repairs.
You won’t find more personable, professional and polite technicians than ours, and you can trust them to provide exceptional service every time.
Garage Door Spring Repair and Replacement
What You Should Know
DANGER: DO NOT REPAIR BROKEN SPRINGS YOURSELF
A broken spring is an urgent problem that could quickly lead to a full-system failure or cause a spring to uncoil, leading to injuries and damage. Don’t wait to repair or replace your broken garage door springs. If you notice poor performance or see a broken spring, contact Precision immediately for an emergency repair. Continuing to operate the garage door while springs are broken is unsafe and can put you and your family in jeopardy. And definitely don’t attempt to do repairs yourself. Springs can be extremely dangerous. In fact, over 20,000 injuries occur each year from people who aren’t qualified attempting to repair their own garage door. Stay safe and rely on a professional to fix it right the first time.
IS IT TIME TO REPLACE THE SPRINGS?
Think of how many times your garage door opens and closes each week. Over time, all that up and down motion will wear on the springs. How do you know when it’s time to replace them? Our experts have put together some telltale signs to watch for:
Visibly broken springs? This is obviously the #1 sign that you need to replace garage door springs. But doing a simple visual inspection each month could help you spot trouble before it happens. Then, you can reduce the risk of the springs failing and can replace them before they get to their breaking points. Here are some things to look for during those monthly inspections:
- Failing the Balance Test. When springs are near the end of their lifespans, they lift less and less. See if your garage door spring’s muscle is slipping or holding strong by disconnecting the door from the opener and manually evaluating the door’s balance. You can tell an unbalanced door if it looks uneven or slanted while opening or closing; if it makes a strange sound when traveling up or down the tracks; if it takes longer than usual to open or close; if it won’t open or close at all.
- Apparent Rust. Rust is never a good sign, and that’s certainly true for your garage door’s springs. Significant rust not only means that the springs are deteriorating at a rapid rate, but your door’s system as a whole probably hasn’t gotten the proper care it needs in quite some time.
- Straight Stretches in Spring Coils. Extension springs are literally on their last coil when you see fewer and fewer coils present. A straight piece in the spring is a surefire sign of spring failure that requires immediate attention.
Garage door won’t open? If you press the button on your garage door opener and it doesn’t open, this is a sign that one of your garage door springs is broken. The function of the springs is to lift the garage door, so if you press the button and it doesn’t open or if you attempt to open it manually and it won’t go up, there’s a good chance one or both of the springs are broken.
Door making loud noises? A certain level of noise is to be expected when you open and close your garage door. But a sudden increase in noise could be an indication that it may be time to replace your garage door springs. And if the sound you hear is a loud thumping, the problem may be more serious: it could be a broken spring. Remember, if you see a broken spring, contact professionals to replace it. If it’s not done properly, it could lead to harm.
TYPES OF GARAGE DOOR SPRINGS
Springs do the heavy lifting for your garage door. But like most mechanical parts, they wear down over time and regular use and won’t work as well. Here are the two types of springs:
Torsion Springs: These are the most common type and are installed on modern door systems. This type of spring runs parallel to the door on the inside wall of the garage and uses a coiling motion to store and release energy.
Extension Springs: These are positioned perpendicular to the door above each door’s tracks. This type of spring uses the door’s motion to extend and collect energy each time the door closes. Then, the springs release that energy by contracting when the door opens.
WHY CHOOSE PRECISION FOR GARAGE DOOR SPRING REPLACEMENTS?
There are many reasons to have Precision handle the replacement of your springs:
- Our premium garage door springs are fortified to last five times longer than typical springs, functioning on average for 25,000 to 50,000 cycles.
- Our highly trained technicians are available 24/7 so we can act quickly and keep a potentially dangerous spring situation from causing any harm. Our quick repairs ensure your peace of mind and your family’s safety.
- Because garage doors come in all weights and sizes, we install the right springs for your door to ensure proper balance and operation. For safety reasons and quality assurance, our technicians install all springs with the Surewinder tool.
- In order to save you from future inconvenience, unsafe garage door practices and damaging your garage door opener, Precision will usually recommend replacing both springs. (If you’ve had the same tires on your car for a while and one blows out while you’re driving, wouldn’t you replace them both?)
- To maintain a safe environment for our customers, we provide a free condition report to make sure all the hardware and moving parts on your door are in good working condition and meet safety standards. Since the hardware was probably installed at the same time as the springs, it’s possible there are worn mechanical parts on your door that are in an unsafe state. We think of spring failure as a symptom to a possibly larger problem with your door.
WE GUARANTEE OUR WORK IS DONE RIGHT!
We’re committed to providing our customers with the best service in the industry. That’s why we offer our Precision Done Right! Guarantee, the industry’s leading warranty on all garage door repair work and installation. We guarantee against defects in workmanship for all our service and repair work.
Best Technicians In The Business. Period.
Unlike over 99% of industry technicians, ours are I.D.E.A. certified and trained. So yeah, we back every job with our industry leading Precision Done Right! Guarantee. Full details.
Rest easy. We got you covered.
Where We're Located
Serving all of Michiana Since 2001!
Check Out Our
Exclusive Offers And Deals!
Whatever your garage door needs are, Precision Door makes it simple and affordable. We offer our customers a variety of exclusive discounts and deals that are just a click away.
Have questions? Send us a message!
Hi, I’m Chris Crawford the manager of Precision Garage Door of Michiana. We appreciate your business. Let us know how we can help you!