Maximizing Value: A Checklist for Buying a
Garage Door Opener
Before buying a garage door opener, there are a few things you should consider:
- Type of garage door opener: There are three types of garage door openers: chain-driven, belt-driven, and screw-driven. Chain-driven openers are the most common and the least expensive, but they can be loud. Belt-driven openers are quieter but more expensive. Screw-driven openers are the most expensive, but they are also the quietest.
- Horsepower: The horsepower of the garage door opener will determine its lifting power and speed. If you have a heavy or large garage door, you’ll need a higher horsepower motor.
- Safety features: Look for a garage door opener with safety features such as automatic reverse (which will cause the door to automatically reverse if it comes into contact with an object) and a safety beam (which will prevent the door from closing if something is in the way).
- Smart features: Some garage door openers come with smart features such as the ability to control the door with your smartphone or voice commands.
- Warranty: Make sure to check the warranty offered by the manufacturer. A longer warranty will give you peace of mind and protection in case anything goes wrong with the opener.
- Professional installation: Consider hiring a professional to install your garage door opener, especially if you are not comfortable with electrical work or if you have a high-lift or heavy door.
Enhance your home with a new garage door from Precision Garage Door of Michiana. With custom design options and professional installation, we can help you boost your home’s beauty, value, and functionality. Contact us today to schedule a consultation and see the results for yourself.
Garage Door Resources: